This is the posting guidelines for the public mailing
lists. See About this Site
for more information about the mailing lists.
This forum is "auto-moderated". The moderator only screens
messages from people who are not yet subscribers, or for which there is
some technical problem with the message. This cuts out inappropriate and
'hit and run' commercial postings. It strikes a balance between the ease
of access available through public forums, and the responsibility in
postings seen by 'membership required' discussion groups.
There are also some technical requirements of a posting:
There are some non-technical requirements for a posting:
- Messages must be From: a known email address. In order to post,
please subscribe to one of the lists above. If you have more than one
email address you use, subscribe them to the list setting the options such
that "Mail delivery" is disabled for all but one of the addresses.
- Please do not post FILE ATTACHMENTS of any type (graphics, wordprocessor files,
"winmail.dat" format files, HTML messages).
These attachments cause major problems for those using different software
from your own, and these days often contain viruses. Instead, post ASCII
text, a URL pointing to the alternate location of the file, or a brief
message offering to forward attachments to those interested.
- Messages including large lists of Carbon-Copied recipients. These
lists are often used to SPAM people so it is just not friendly to include
them on a public list. Please make use of the Blind-Carbon-Copy feature
of your mailer for any postings to
- Due to technical, time, and other issues , digital-copyright.ca has a
general policy of not attempting to delete articles from any of the
variety of archives once it has been published. One must be very careful
not to post information to this forum that is not intended to be made
public as it may come back to haunt you if you post information
- Please do not post copyright material for which permission to post has
not been obtained, or which are not already publicly distributable. You
are responsible for articles you post.
- Please do not repost the full text of articles written by other authors without the clear permission to do so from the copyright holder. While some believe that this somehow constitutes "fair dealing", we are still asking that this not ever be done. Please just post an excerpt that encourages people to follow a link to the original.
- Do not post personal messages sent to an individual that are then
posted to a public list without permission. Posting other peoples private
letters are quick grounds for having posting privileges revoked from this
and all other FLORA.org/FLORA.ca lists, so be very careful and respect
- Please don't post personal or off-topic remarks, line-by-line
refutations of other people's opinions, or insults. Please try to get
along, even if you do not agree with another forum participant.
- Please use your real name and not a pseudonym when posting. We wish
people to participate in this forum as citizens who will work within the
political process to try to effect positive change in this area of public