Bill died on the order paper when parliament was dissolved on March 26, 2011. The bill was re-tabled on September 29, 2011, and given the number Bill C-11.
See also: Status of Bill C-32.
- Send a letter to your MP about C-32
- Blog articles on this site about C-32. (Regular posts)
- Frequently Asked Questions with answers (Updates are made to Bill C-11 FAQ)
Bill C-32 summaries
- Michael Geist: The Canadian Copyright Bill: Flawed But Fixable
- Russell McOrmond: Bill C-32 Clause-by-clause notes
- Barry Sookman (Lawyer, CRIA lobbiest): Some thoughts on Bill-C-32: An Act to Modernize Canada’s copyright laws
Note about Copyright bill numbers: The number of the bill is a coincidence that it is numbered C-32, the same as the Copyright bill that passed in 1997 (See Chronology). This is the same as Bill C-60 where one passed in 1988, and one was tabled but not passed in 2005. It was also a coincidence that the bill tabled by the Conservatives after the Liberal Bill C-60 was numbered Bill C-61.